Sara Welch shares this recipe and a host of other kid friendly ones on her blog, “dinneratthezoo.com”. Some people recommend pre-cooking the bacon slightly in the oven before assembling, to enable the bacon to crisp up enough. Toothpicks may be removed just before serving, or leave them in for a “handle” to grab onto.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
12 Jalapeno peppers, approximately 3-4 inches long
1 8 ounce block Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
12 slices Bacon (thin cut works best for poppers)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat it with cooking spray.
2. Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and ribs.
3. In a medium bowl mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion powder, salt and pepper.
4. Fill each jalapeno half with the cheese mixture.
5. Cut the slices of bacon in half crosswise and wrap each pepper half in a slice of bacon, using a toothpick to secure the bacon.
6. Arrange the peppers on the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until bacon is crispy and browned. Serve immediately.
Greetings to each of you, We've arrived at week 16, our final CSA share of the season. Thank you for your loyalty and support...