Found on the website “MyRecipes.com” Sara Tane is the author of this unique dessert recipe.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
1 medium Spaghetti squash
1 Tablespoon extra-virgin Olive oil
1 Tablespoon unsalted Butter
1 1/4 cups chopped Apples, such as Sweet Tango, Honeycrisp or Gala (about 2 medium apples)
1/2 cup chopped Walnuts
1 1/2 Tablespoons Brown sugar
3 teaspoons ground Cinnamon, divided
1 teaspoon ground Ginger
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
2 ounces Goat cheese
1 Tablespoon Honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Slice spaghetti squash lengthwise and drizzle cut-side interior with olive oil.
3. Place cut-side down on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, or until slightly browned and soft.
4. Remove from oven and use a fork to remove seeds. Sprinkle each half with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and continue to use a fork to create “noodles” and incorporate cinnamon.
5. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add apples, walnuts, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Mix continuously for even cooking. Cook until apples are softened and nuts are toasted, about 13-15 minutes.
6. Divide apple mixture evenly between squash halves, and use a fork to gently combine mixture. Return to oven and bake at 350° until completely warmed and set, about 5 minutes.
7. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, goat cheese, honey, and 1 tsp cinnamon. Top halves with yogurt mixture and serve immediately.
Greetings to each of you, We've arrived at week 16, our final CSA share of the season. Thank you for your loyalty and support...