This delicious quiche was shared on Pinterest by Elaine, who offers other tasty recipes on her blog, Flavour & Savour.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
This healthy crustless paleo Kohlrabi Quiche is grain-free and dairy-free, but it’s packed with protein, vegetables and fiber. A family favorite!
2 cups Kohlrabi (1-2 medium kohlrabi) finely grated
1 teaspoon Sea salt
2 cups Carrots, finely grated
1/2 to 1 cup cooked, crumbled Bacon or Chorizo sausage
2 Tablespoons fresh Rosemary leaves (or 2 teaspoons dried, chopped)
1/4 cup Green onions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon freshly ground Black pepper
Oil for greasing the baking dish
1. Heat oven to 375° F.
2. Cook the bacon or chorizo sausage. Cool slightly and crumble.
3. Peel the tough outer layer from the kohlrabi and grate it.
4. Transfer kohlrabi to a medium bowl, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sea salt and let stand while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
5. Grate the carrots.
6. Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk until well combined.
7. Add the grated carrots, bacon or sausage, rosemary, onions, and pepper.
8. Put the kohlrabi in a cheesecloth bag (or just use your hands) to squeeze out as much water as you can. This will help the quiche to set up nicely.
9. Add the drained kohlrabi to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined.
10. Oil a 9 or 10 inch quiche dish or pie pan. Pour the mixture into the dish and smooth with the back of a spoon.
11. Bake at 375° F. for 40 to 45 minutes until set in the middle, lightly browned and just beginning to brown on the edges.
Greetings to each of you, We've arrived at week 16, our final CSA share of the season. Thank you for your loyalty and support...