This recipe is shared by Julie, who blogs on her site, “Baked In” (baked-in.com).
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes
1 Spaghetti squash
2 Tablespoon Olive oil
1 medium Onion, sliced thin
1 Red bell pepper, diced
1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon Chili powder
1 teaspoon dried Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1 can Black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen Corn kernels, thawed*
1 cup chopped Tomatoes
1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1 cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
*(fresh cooked corn can be used as well)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly spray a 9″x 13″ baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Cut spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds with a spoon. Place the halves in a microwave-safe dish and cover. Bake for 14-16 minutes until easily pierced with a knife and inner flesh is easy to remove.
3. While the spaghetti squash is cooking, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, bell pepper and jalapeno and cook until softened and onion is translucent, about five minutes. (If using fresh corn, slice corn from cob and cook corn at the same time.)
4. Add garlic and cook for two minutes. Stir in chili powder, oregano, and cumin and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
5. Transfer from the skillet to a large bowl. Stir in black beans, tomatoes, corn, yogurt, and half the cheese.
6. When spaghetti squash is done, allow to cool for five minutes. Use a fork to remove the long strands from the inside of the squash. Add the squash to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and stir well to combine.
7. Transfer to baking dish and top with the rest of the cheese. Cook, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes, until bubbling and cheese is golden brown.
Greetings to each of you, We've arrived at week 16, our final CSA share of the season. Thank you for your loyalty and support...