Janice and Susan, who describe themselves as “twin bloggers and work-at-home moms”, shared this recipe on their site, “5 Minutes for Mom”. They remind us that cooking the potatoes along the outer edges of your baking dish will ensure that the peppers and onions won’t get overcooked before the potatoes are done. Once out of the oven, everything can be tossed together.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
12 ounces Potatoes (about 4-5 medium)
1/2 Red bell pepper, sliced
1/2 Orange bell pepper, sliced
1/2 Yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 Red or White Onion
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
Fresh Basil leaves, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 450 Degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Chop potatoes into wedges about 1 inch thick.
3. Slice peppers and onions.
4. Add the potatoes to a large bowl along with 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/8 of the teaspoon pepper. Toss to combine and pour along the outside edges of a baking sheet, leaving enough room in the center for the peppers and onions.
5. Add the peppers and onions to the bowl along with the remaining olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine and pour onto the center of the baking sheet.
6. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
7. Just before serving, sprinkle with freshly torn basil.
Greetings to each of you, We've arrived at week 16, our final CSA share of the season. Thank you for your loyalty and support...