1 large head crinkly Chinese cabbage (aka Napa cabbage) thinly sliced
5-6 green onions, sliced thin
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup sugar (I can actually get away with a little less, like about 3 Tablespoons)
1/3 cup rice or cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 Tablespoons butter, margarine or dairy-free substitute
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 package Top Ramen noodles, broken into small pieces (Chicken-flavored, discarding the seasoning packet)
1 cup slivered almonds
Salt to taste
1. Mix sliced cabbage and green onions in a large bowl.
2. Combine dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight lid and shake well to mix.
3. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture, toss to coat and set aside.
4. In a large frying pan, melt butter and stir in olive oil.
5. Add broken noodles, almonds and salt (if desired.)
6. Saute until noodles and nuts are lightly golden brown.
7. Sprinkle crunchy noodles and almonds over the cabbage mixture.