Shared by CSA members Kern and Aileen Hough of Eagan, the quantities in this recipe are easily doubled. Kern mentions to us, “I’m not a big kale fan, but I’d eat this anytime!” Thank you for sending it along!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
4 stems of medium Kale
1/3 white Onion
4 ounces wild Mushrooms (chanterelle is what Ken and Aileen used)
2-3 slices of Bacon
1/4 cup of Water
2 Tablespoons of Oil
juice of one half Lemon
1. Destem kale and chop into bite sized pieces. Rinse well and drain in a sieve.
2. Chop onion in small dice and clean and chop mushrooms in bite sized pieces.
3. Cook bacon until crispy and set aside to cool and crumble.
4. Saute onion in oil for two minutes and add mushrooms and continue for another minute. Set aside in a bowl.
5. Fill the frying pan with water to cover the bottom and add kale. Cook 3-4 minutes until kale softens and water has evaporated. Salt and pepper. When it begins to dry, reduce heat to low and squeeze lemon juice over greens.
6. Top greens with onion and mushroom mixture and crumbled bacon.
You could also add 2 Tablespoons of finely grated parmesan cheese if you want to skip the bacon.
Greetings to each of you, We've arrived at week 16, our final CSA share of the season. Thank you for your loyalty and support...