This Philly cheesesteak recipe combines the basic favorite ingredients of potatoes, veggies, and ground beef to create a yummy, cheesy, almost-indulgent campfire meal that the kids will ask for time and again. And it’ll be hard to say no—this is one of the quickest campfire foil recipes, taking less than 20 minutes to prep and less than 20 minutes to cook.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
2 large Potatoes (or 4 medium)
1 large Green bell pepper
6 ounces Mushrooms
1 pound lean Ground beef
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 Tablespoons Ketchup
1/2 teaspoon each paprika, onion powder, garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
Sliced Provolone cheese
1. Slice and dice all vegetables into bite-sized pieces and add to a bowl. Toss vegetables in olive oil until evenly coated.
2. Add veggies to oil-coated foil sheets.
3. Combine ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings to make the sauce.
4. Add beef to sauce and knead in until thoroughly mixed.
5. Coarsely break beef apart over veggies until evenly dispersed.
6. Seal packets and place over the fire, turning every 5 minutes until cooked through.
7. Open each packet, add a slice of the Provolone cheese, re-seal allow the steam to melt the cheese.
Greetings to each of you, We've arrived at week 16, our final CSA share of the season. Thank you for your loyalty and support...