Lisa, creator of “Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish” shares this easy main dish on her site. It’s a great way to combine those delicious Von Hanson’s brats with several of the vegetables in this week’s share.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
1 Red bell pepper, sliced into 1 inch strips
1 Onion, cut into wedges (Lisa used a sweet onion)
1 pound small Potatoes, cut into quarters
Use any of the following, according to what you have on hand:
1/2 head of Cauliflower or Broccoli, separated into florets
or 2 Zucchini, sliced in chunks,
or 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, cut in half
or 3 Carrots, peeled, halved and cut length wise
1/2 teaspoon dried Oregano
1/2 teaspoon smoked Paprika
1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
4-6 fresh Bratwurst
4-6 Brat buns
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper (easy clean up).
3. Toss vegetables with olive oil and spices.
4. Spread vegetables evenly on sheet pan.
5. Nestle bratwurst in the vegetables.
6. Roast in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
7. Serve bratwurst in the buns and top with the peppers and onions, if desired.
Greetings to each of you, We've arrived at week 16, our final CSA share of the season. Thank you for your loyalty and support...