Darleen Harens, one of our CSA members, sent this recipe to us a few weeks ago. Since kale is included in our shares this week, we thought it would be the perfect time to share it with all of you. Thank you, Darleen!
In place of the sun-dried tomato pesto, you could also rehydrate some dried tomatoes with warm water and olive oil, then run them through a mini food processor. If you need to shorten your baking time, you can cut the potatoes in half. Pair this one-dish meal with a glass of white wine.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45-50 minutes
6 Tablespoons jarred sun-dried Tomato pesto
2 Tablespoons extra-virgin Olive oil
2 teaspoons fresh Thyme leaves
1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
3/4 teaspoon Black pepper
3 1/4 teaspoons Kosher salt, divided
2 medium Lemons
1 1/2 pounds baby Yukon Gold potatoes
4 (5-oz.) boneless, skinless Chicken breasts
1 (8-oz.) bunch Kale, torn into pieces
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Stir together pesto, olive oil, thyme leaves, fennel seeds, pepper, and 2 teaspoons of the salt in a small bowl. Cut 1 of the lemons into 1/4-inch-thick slices, and cut remaining lemon in half.
2. Toss together potatoes, 2 tablespoons of the pesto seasoning mix, and 3/4 teaspoon of the salt. Arrange potato mixture in a single layer on a large parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until mixture is just starting to brown, about 10 minutes.
3. Rub chicken with 2 tablespoons of the pesto seasoning mix and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place chicken around potatoes. Tuck lemon slices in and around potatoes and chicken. Place lemon halves in middle of mixture on baking sheet.
4. Return to oven, and bake until potatoes are tender and a thermometer inserted in thickest portion of chicken registers 150°F, about 25 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, massage kale with remaining pesto seasoning mix until coated and tenderized, about 1 minute. Arrange kale around chicken and potatoes.
6. Return to oven, and bake until kale is browned and crisp and a thermometer inserted in chicken registers 165°F, about 10 minutes. Squeeze lemon halves over chicken mixture.
7. Let chicken rest 5 minutes before serving.
Greetings to each of you, We've arrived at week 16, our final CSA share of the season. Thank you for your loyalty and support...