Diana Rattray shared this recipe on “theSpruceEats” website. Feel free to add a few more peppers if you like it hotter!
1 pound extra-lean Ground beef
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
1 cup coarsely chopped Onion
1 cup thinly sliced Celery
1 Tablespoon minced Jalapeno peppers, or diced mild chili peppers
2 cloves Garlic (finely minced)
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced Tomatoes (undrained)
2 cups cooked Sweet corn (frozen corn may also be used, or 1 can of corn may be substituted)
1 teaspoon Chili powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon ground Cumin
4 medium Potatoes (peeled, thinly sliced, about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan (2 1/2 to 3-quart size).
3. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. When the oil is hot and shimmering, add the ground beef, onions, and celery.
5. Cook until beef is browned and vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
6. Add garlic and peppers; cook, for about 1 minute longer, stirring frequently.
7. Stir in the tomatoes, chili powder, salt, pepper, and cumin. Bring to a simmer.
8. In the prepared baking dish, arrange half of the sliced potatoes, then top with half of the corn, half of the ground beef mixture, and half of the cheese.
9. Repeat the layers, ending with the remaining cheese.
10. Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Greetings to each of you, We've arrived at week 16, our final CSA share of the season. Thank you for your loyalty and support...