Found on the AllRecipes.com website, this easy main dish stir-fry is quite versatile. You don’t have to stick to the vegetables listed in the ingredients section. It can be prepared with up to 6 cups of your family’s favorite vegetables or any extra vegetables you have on hand, such as green bell peppers, celery, broccoli, cauliflower or green beans. Once the veggies are chopped and ready, the cooking process goes rather quickly.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Ready In: 45 minutes
9 teaspoons Vegetable oil, divided
1 Red bell pepper, cut into strips
1/2 medium Onion, sliced
1 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless Chicken breast half, cut into cubes
2 cups chopped Zucchini
2 cups chopped carrots
1 cup chopped Cabbage
1 cup chopped sugar snap Peas
1/3 cup low-sodium Chicken or Vegetable broth
1 1/2 Tablespoons minced Garlic
1 Tablespoon minced fresh Ginger
2 cups cooked short-grain Brown rice
2 Tablespoons low-sodium Soy sauce
2 teaspoons Sesame oil
1/4 cup sliced green topped Onions (Scallions) 1 Bunch
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1. Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a large lidded skillet or wok over medium-high heat until it shimmers.
2. Add pepper and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Add another 2 teaspoons oil to skillet and heat until it shimmers. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl with vegetables. (If you are starting with precooked chicken, you can skip this step.)
4. Add another 2 teaspoons oil and heat until it shimmers. Add chopped zucchini, carrots, cabbage, and sugar snap peas; cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
5. Add broth and cook, covered, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes more. Transfer to bowl.
6. Add remaining 3 teaspoons oil to skillet and heat until it shimmers. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for about 15 seconds.
7. Add rice and cook, breaking up clumps and stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. (If using pre-cooked chicken, add it at this point.)
8. Add bowl contents, soy sauce, sesame oil, green onions, and salt. Cook, stirring and tossing, until well mixed and heated through, about 5 minutes more. Serve immediately.