The cool summer we have been experiencing this season has been perfect camp fire weather. Let Pahl’s help you create your very own fire pit area in your landscape to enjoy the warmth of a backyard fire with friends and family throughout the wonderful seasons Minnesota has to offer.
There are several different material options for your fire pit. The most common is fieldstone boulders and you can find them just about anywhere. However, block kits have become extremely popular as of recent. Our favorite kits are manufactured locally by Rockwood. You can visit www.outdoorlivingkits.com for some wonderful ideas. No cutting, no guessing, no hassle – no problems. These simple easy to use kits are available in the Victorian Fire Ring (square) or the Grand Fire Ring (round). They all come with high quality block and a steel insert. Plus, you have the option for a swivel cooking grate, cap and spark screen.
Before planning your landscape project, check with your local zoning commission for building restrictions and required construction permits. Here is some helpful information from the city of Apple Valley regarding recreational fires:
Does the city allow recreational fires?
Recreational fires are allowed in the city when the following provisions are followed:
- The fire is contained to a three-by-three-by-three-foot area; this can be in-ground, on-ground, or in a free-standing pre-manufactured fireplace.
- Fire-extinguishing equipment (extinguisher, garden hose, or sand) must be readily available.
- Only clean burning wood can be used.
- The fire must be at least 25 feet from a combustible structure.
- Adult supervision is required from start to finish while having a recreational fire.
- All fires are subject to discontinuance by the Fire or Police Department.
- Recreational fires are not intended for disposing of yard debris.
Note: State-issued burning bans do not impact this policy. However, please be mindful that high winds and/or dry conditions require extra attention and safety for even the smallest fire. If in doubt, put it out! Questions about recreational fires can be answered at (952) 953-2600 during regular business hours.
Don’t forget to call 811 before you dig!
You can purchase theses kits thru Pahl’s Market and install yourself or have the Pahl’s Landscape Department deliver and install it for you. Everything but the SMORES that is! Contact us for a Landscape Estimate!