- 1/2 onion diced up
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 TBSP butter
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 14- oz can chicken broth
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes
- 3-4 cobs of corn cut fresh off the cob
- 1/2- 1 cup of green beans cut up
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- 1-2 cups chicken (*Mom tip: use a rotisserie*)
- In a large stockpot, heat butter over medium heat. Add in onions, garlic, potatoes and carrots. Cook for about 5 minutes until it starts smelling yummy!
- Add in chicken broth. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, until potatoes and carrots are soft.
- Add in zucchini, tomatoes, corn, green beans and chicken (except cornstarch.) Heat for another 10-15 minutes or so, until mixture is hot and beginning to boil.
- Reduce heat and add all but 2-3 TBSP of the evaporated milk. Be careful not to burn. Now mix remaining evaporated milk with the cornstarch and stir until combined. Stir it into the stew. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Salt & pepper to taste. Top with shredded Parmesan cheese!