One of Rachel Ray’s delicious and easy recipes, this is a nice change of pace for serving green beans. Remember to dry the green beans thoroughly after washing, before plunging them into the hot oil. Try serving them with ranch dressing as a dip, or try Rachel’s recipe for Tarragon Aioli.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
2/3 cup Beer
1/2 cup Flour
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
Salt and Pepper
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh Tarragon
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
2 cups Vegetable oil
1 pound Green beans, washed and trimmed
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the beer, flour, cornstarch and 1/2 teaspoon salt; let rest for 10 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, tarragon, mustard and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
3. Line a baking sheet with paper towels, then lay a wire cooling rack on top of them.
4. In a large pot, heat the oil until it registers 375 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer or a drop of batter sizzles immediately and rises to
5. Whisk the batter again, add the thoroughly dried green beans and toss to coat.
6. Working in 4 batches and using tongs, gently lower the beans into the oil. Fry, turning halfway through, until golden, about 3 minutes.
7. Place the fried green beans on the wire cooling rack, allow grease to drain, and season with salt. Serve with the aioli.
Greetings to each of you, We've arrived at week 16, our final CSA share of the season. Thank you for your loyalty and support...