The creator of this recipe is Kristin Marr, who shares many simple and delicious recipes on her blog, Live Simply. She says that she roasts several beets at a time, enough to have on hand for smoothies all week.
Prep time: 10 minutes (for the roasted beets) 5 minutes (for the smoothie)
Cook time: 1 hour (for roasting beets)
Servings: 1 drink
Ingredients for the roasted beets:
3 large beets (or about 6 small)
1/2 cup Orange juice (for marinating beets)
Directions for roasting beets:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Trim the tops and tails off the beets and cut in half. Place on a large sheet of foil.
3. Drizzle beets with olive oil and cover with the remaining foil.
4. Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour, or until beets are soft when pierced with a fork.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
6. Once cool, peel off the skins.
7. In a storage bag combine beets and 1/2 cup orange juice. Store marinated beets in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Ingredients for the smoothie:
1/2 cup roasted Beets
2 cups Strawberries
1 cup plain whole milk Yogurt
2 Tablespoons Honey
Directions for making the smoothie:
1. Place all ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend until smooth.
Greetings to each of you, We've arrived at week 16, our final CSA share of the season. Thank you for your loyalty and support...