1-3/4 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup pecan pieces
Salt and pepper
1. Place beans in a large pot of boiling salted water and cook until tender, about 8 minutes.
2. Drain and rinse under cold water.
3. In a large skillet, warm butter over medium-high heat until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Add pecans and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted, 2 minutes.
5. Add beans, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until heated through, 2 minutes.
6. Transfer to a serving platter. Serve hot.