Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
8 ounces rotini pasta
12 ounces broccoli florets
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 cup chicken broth
3/4 cup milk, or more, as needed
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions.
2. Within the last 2 minutes of cooking time, add broccoli; drain well.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into
5. Melt butter in the skillet over medium heat. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
6. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes.
7. Stir in heavy cream and garlic powder until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
8. Stir in Parmesan cheese until well combined, about 1 minute. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed.
9. Stir in pasta, broccoli and chicken. Gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
10. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.