This recipe was found on the RealSimple.com web-site. It’s quick and easy, and a fun and delicious way to serve eggplant.
Prep/Cooking time: 25 minutes
2 small eggplants (1 1/2 pounds total), sliced lengthwise 1/2 inch thick
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for serving
kosher salt and black pepper
16 to 18 ounces fresh fettuccine
5 ounces baby spinach (6 cups)
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 cup ricotta cheese
crushed red pepper (optional)
1. Heat grill to medium. Brush the eggplant with the oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
2. Grill until tender, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces.
3. Meanwhile, cook the fettuccine according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water; drain the fettuccine and return it to the pot.
4. Add the eggplant, spinach, red wine vinegar, 1/4 cup of the reserved cooking water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper to the fettuccine and toss to combine.
(Add more cooking water if the fettuccine seems dry.)
5. Serve topped with the ricotta cheese and, if desired, crushed red pepper, and additional oil.