This recipe was found on Pinterest, shared by Carmen, who blogs on her site everylastbite.com. It’s easily made in a short amount of time.
2 medium bulbs Fennel
1 Tablespoon Olive oil
2 1/2-3 cups Green beans
1/3 cup Parsley
1/2 Tablespoon Lemon juice
2 teaspoons Capers
1/4 cup Olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/3 cup flaked Almonds, toasted
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut the fennel bulbs into slices and place them in a baking dish. Drizzle the fennel with 1 Tablespoon olive oil and toss with your hands to ensure that they are evenly coated. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until tender and golden in color.
3. While the fennel is baking, bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the green beans for 3 minutes until slightly tender and then drain and rinse with cold water to stop them from cooking further.
4. In a food processor combine the parsley, lemon juice, capers, olive oil, salt and pepper. Blend until the parsley is broken into small bits.
5. In a bowl combine the green beans, fennel and flaked almonds and toss in the parsley and caper dressing.