I’ve made this salad with either the green or purple beans, and sometimes a combination of the two. It’s a nice alternative to the usual green salad.
1 pound fresh Green or Purple beans, washed and ends trimmed
1 cup Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, halved
2 Tablespoons Shallot, minced
Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
2 Tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
1 Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon Agave Nectar or Honey
1 small clove of Garlic, minced
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Clean and trim the ends off the green beans.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
3. Add a few pinches of salt to the water and then add in the green beans.
4. Cook the green beans in the water for 3 minutes.
5. Remove the green beans from the water and put them in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
6. While they are cooling, chop the tomatoes in half and mince the shallot.
7. Place the drained and cooled green beans, halved tomatoes, and shallot in a serving bowl.
8. In a small bowl or mason jar add all of the vinaigrette ingredients and whisk or shake them well.
9. Pour half the dressing over the salad and toss everything together.
10. Serve the salad immediately or store in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.