Found on the Taste of Home website, this recipe goes together quickly and is a great addition to any meal.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
2 whole fresh Beets
2 tablespoons Cider Vinegar
2 teaspoons Orange Juice concentrate
1/4 teaspoon ground Mustard
1/4 teaspoon dried Thyme
1/8 teaspoon Pepper
5 teaspoons Canola Oil
1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
3 cups torn mixed Salad Greens
1 can (11 ounces) Mandarin Oranges, drained
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scrub beets and trim tops to 1 inch.
2. Spritz beets with cooking spray; place in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, covered, 60-70 minutes or until tender. Cool.
3. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, orange juice concentrate, mustard, thyme and pepper. Gradually whisk in canola and sesame oils until blended.
4. Peel beets and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. In a large bowl, combine greens, mandarin oranges and beets.
5. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.