This recipe was published in the St. Paul Pioneer Press on Sunday, July 30, 2017. It is adapted from “Red, White and ‘Que,” by Karen Adler and Judith Fertig; Running Press, 2017. The photo that accompanied the recipe was so eye-catching, I simply had to share this recipe!
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
3 red, yellow and/or orange Bell Peppers, seeded and finely chopped * (See Note)
1 clove Garlic, minced
1/2 cup unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
1 Tablespoon finely chopped Flatleaf Parsley
1/4 teaspoon Coarse Salt
8 ears Sweet Corn, shucked, with silk removed
1. Heat olive oil in a small saucepan on medium heat; cook peppers and garlic together 2 minutes or until the peppers are just starting to soften.
2. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
3. In a bowl, using a fork, mash the peppers with the butter, parsley and salt until well blended.
4. Spoon butter into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap. Chill completely until serving time.
5. Grill corn on a medium-hot fire for 5-6 minutes, turning frequently to create grill marks all over.
6. Serve on a platter and slather with the pepper butter.
*(Note: This recipe calls for mini sweet colored peppers. Larger sweet bell peppers can be used-use 1/2 of each, depending on the size. The remainder can be saved for a veggie tray or added to a green salad.)