This recipe was found on the web-site cookeatshare.com. Easy and quick to prepare, it’s a delicious side dish to accompany grilled hamburgers, steaks or pork chops.
Prep time: 30 minutes
3 large ripe Tomatoes, seeded and minced
1/2 large Red Onion, diced into 1/4″ pieces
1 peeled seeded Cucumber, diced into 1/4″ pieces
1 cup fresh Basil leaves, shredded
Freshly ground Black Pepper
1/4 cup extra-virgin Olive Oil, plus more as needed
1 Tablespoon Red-Wine Vinegar
2 peeled Garlic Cloves (up to 3)
1. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, and basil; season lightly with salt and pepper.
2. Add in extra virgin olive oil and vinegar, and toss well to combine. Let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour, but no longer than 3.
3. Heat broiler (or grill). Cut bread diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Brush both sides lightly with extra virgin olive oil; grill (or broil) on both sides till toasted.
4. Rub warm bread lightly with garlic cloves on one side only. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and top with tomato mix.
5. Let stand a few minutes to allow juices to soak into bread before serving.