Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
This recipe was found on Pinterest, and Norine shares it with us on her blog, Norine’s Nest. She states that it’s an excellent side dish with grilled chicken or ribs, and so easy to prepare.
10 – 12 small red potatoes
1/4 cup melted butter
Grated parmesan cheese (freshly grated is highly recommended by the author)
Coarse black pepper, to taste
Onion salt, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash and cut potatoes in half.
3. Melt butter and pour into a cookie sheet or baking sheet pan. Spread the butter evenly across the bottom.
4. Generously sprinkle grated cheese and lightly sprinkle garlic salt, pepper, and other seasonings all over the butter.
5. Place the potato halves face down on the butter, cheese and seasonings.
6. Place in preheated oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, until fork is easily inserted.
7. Cool for at least a FULL 5 minutes before removing from the pan, otherwise the parmesan crust won’t stick to the potato. This step is very important!
8. Serve on a plate with a side of ranch dressing or sour cream for dipping.