Chris from Gentleman Forager offered another recipe for us to share with our members who are receiving a mushroom share in addition to their regular weekly shares. This is a delicious meal for a Sunday dinner.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
4 cloves Garlic, minced
1/4 ounce fresh Thyme
2/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
2 Tablespoons Ketchup
1 1/2 pounds Ground beef (85/15)
8 ounces Maitake Mushrooms
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Flour
2 cups Beef stock
1 1/2 cups baby Carrots, halved lengthwise
24 ounces Yukon gold potatoes
1 1/4 teaspoons Salt
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Wash and dry carrots and potatoes. Peel the ‘petals’ of the mushroom off – peel into equal sized pieces, you can save the tougher base for mushroom broth.
3. Halve baby carrots lengthwise, cut potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. Mince garlic and shallot.
4. Toss potato with enough olive oil to lightly coat; season with salt and pepper. Place on one half of a parchment-lined baking sheet. Do the same with the carrots.
5. In a medium bowl – mix beef, half of the garlic and shallot, panko breadcrumbs, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt and a pinch of pepper. Shape into 4 equal 1-inch tall loaves. Place on an oiled baking sheet and brush with the ketchup.
6. Bake potato and carrot until softened and browned (20-25 minutes). Bake meatloaf until cooked through (15-20 minutes)
7. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Once heated, melt butter, then add Maitake mushrooms. Sauté until mushrooms have softened (5-7 minutes). Add the other half of the garlic and shallot and the thyme.
8. Reduce heat to medium. Add flour to pan and stir to combine with butter. Add Beef stock and simmer until thickened to a gravy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
9. Divide potatoes and carrots evenly between plates. Place one meatloaf on each plate and top with Mushroom Gravy.
Greetings to each of you, We've arrived at week 16, our final CSA share of the season. Thank you for your loyalty and support...