This delicious and easy to prepare ice cream was shared on Pinterest by Shari Lynne. She found the original recipe on AllRecipes.com and she added her own special touch to it. Best of all, you don’t need an ice cream maker to make it!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Set-up (Freezer time): 3 hours
6 egg yolks
1 cup of milk
3/4 cup sugar
2 large cantaloupe, ripe, peeled and pureed
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 1/2 cups whipping cream (the type that needs to be whipped–found in the dairy section of the grocery store)
1. Combine the egg yolks, milk and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat until sugar is dissolved..
2. Add the whipping cream and cantaloupe and mix for another 3 minutes.
3. Pour into a large freezer proof container. (This makes about 1-1/2 gallons, so it needs to be quite large.)
4. Cover and place the container in the freezer for about 2 hours.
5. Check after 2 hours. Make sure it’s not totally solid. Cut up, blend again, and pour back into container.
6. Cover and freeze until solid.