1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
black pepper to taste
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cucumbers, very finely sliced
4 tablespoons minced cilantro, to taste
- Dice the jalapeno and garlic and add to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons of fresh lime juice, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. Use a whisk to incorporate the 3 tablespoons olive oil. Set aside.
- Finely slice the cucumbers. Use a mandolin if you have it, but a very sharp knife will do the trick. Add the cucumbers to the dressing and stir together.
- Finely mince the cilantro and add it to the bowl. Stir to combine. You can either let it sit in the fridge to marinate for a couple hours, or serve immediately.
- Make sure that you let the salad sit on the counter for a little while before serving if it’s been in the fridge; the olive oil solidifies slightly when it’s cold.
Yield: 5-6 side servings