1 small head Napa cabbage, thinly sliced, then coarsely chopped (about 3-4 cups shredded cabbage)
1 cup thinly and diagonally sliced sugar snap peas
1 cup radishes, sliced into half-moon shapes
1/2 cup sliced green onion
1/2 – 3/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic puree
1/4 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (or grated fresh ginger root)
1/4 teaspoon (or more) Sriracha sauce
1/3 cup mayo or light mayo
1. Thinly slice Napa cabbage, then coarsely chop to make 3-4 cups shredded cabbage.
2. Trim both ends of sugar snap peas, then slice thinly on the diagonal to make 1 cup sliced peas.
3. Trim both ends of radishes and wash if needed, then cut in half lengthwise and cut into half-moon slices.
4. Slice green onions to make 1/2 cup.
5. If using cilantro, wash, spin dry or dry with paper towels, and then chop enough to make 1/2 – 3/4 cup chopped cilantro.
6. Put Napa cabbage, sugar snap peas, radishes, green onions (and cilantro if using) into salad bowl.
Directions for dressing:
1. In a bowl or glass measuring cup stir together the white wine vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, garlic puree, sesame oil, ground ginger, and Sriracha sauce.
2. Whisk in the mayo until ingredients are well combined.
3. Toss salad ingredients, add enough dressing to coat ingredients, and toss again.
4. Toast the sliced almonds in a dry pan over high heat for 1-2 minutes (just until the nuts are fragrant).
5. Add almonds and toss gently. Serve immediately.