Servings: 2 as a main course, 4 as a side dish
3 large golden beets, leaves and stems removed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3 cups baby arugula, washed and dried
1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
1 large garlic clove
1/4 cup champagne vinegar
4 tablespoons chopped chives
salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. On a large baking sheet, toss the beets with the olive oil and kosher salt.
3. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes or until tender. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
4. Once the beets are cooled, cut off the stem end and remove the skins by rubbing with your hands. The skins will peel off easily. Slice the beets into 1/4 inch rounds.
5. In the bowl of a food processor or blender, blend together the yogurt, garlic clove, vinegar, chives and salt until thoroughly combined.
6. Line a serving platter or plate with the arugula, top with the beets and pour the dressing over the salad. Serve immediately.