1 lb extra-lean ground beef
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups dice large bell peppers
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, with juices
2 cups beef broth
8 oz can tomato sauce
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 cup White Rice, uncooked
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, or cheddar blend
1. Over medium-high heat brown ground beef with onions and garlic, cook for about 5—7 minutes, breaking into small pieces, drain
2. Add peppers, salt and pepper and cook for about 5-7 minutes, until peppers start to soften
3. Reduce heat to medium and add tomatoes with juice, broth, tomato sauce, soy sauce and Italian seasoning. Stir until well combined. Bring mixture to a boil.
4. Add in uncooked rice. Return to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, until rice is tender.
5. Remove from heat and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Serve & Enjoy!