3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup canola or vegetable oil
2 cups pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. In a bowl, sift flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together. Mix in pumpkin puree and canola oil.
4. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture. Mix well and fold in chocolate chips.
5. Fill the muffin tins with about 1/4 cup of batter, or until 3/4 full.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tops are springy to the touch and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes, then remove muffins to a wire rack to finish cooling.