Prep time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 45 minutes for small pans, up to 1 hour for large pans
(Note: This is an excellent bread for gift-giving. This recipe adapts easily to smaller pans–6 small pans measuring approximately 5 3/4 x 3 1/4 inches.)
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree (or 2 cups fresh pumpkin)
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large mixing, combine sugar, oil and eggs; beat until smooth. Add water and beat until well blended.
3. Stir in pumpkin, ginger, allspice cinnamon, and clove.
4. In medium bowl, combine flour, soda, salt, and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and blend just until all ingredients are mixed.
5. Divide batter between prepared pans.
6. Bake in preheated oven until toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour.