This recipe was found on Pinterest and is shared by Sally McKenney, who writes on sallysbakingaddiction.com.
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (1)
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (2)
1/2 cup skim milk (3)
2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
2/3 cup pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
1 cup crushed ice
1. Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender.
2. Add all of the ingredients to the blender in the order listed. Blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth – this may take longer if your blender isn’t very strong. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
3. Add more milk to thin out if it is too thick. Add a couple more ice cubes for a thicker texture, if desired. Add more spices to taste, if desired.
1. Feel free to use regular (non Greek) vanilla or plain yogurt instead – keeping in mind the protein count will be lower.
2. Instead of pumpkin pie spice, try adding nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and/or more cinnamon to taste.
3. Any milk is just fine here. However, be sure to adjust the protein count accordingly if protein count is a concern.