This recipe comes to us courtesy of the “In the Kitchen” column of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, dated Thursday, June 18, 2015.
For the crust:
1-1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup cold butter, cubed, plus more for pan
For the filling:
3 large eggs, beaten
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups diced rhubarb
To prepare oven and baking pan:
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Set aside.
To make the crust:
1. In medium bowl, combine flour and powdered sugar. Using pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until
mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Pat crumbs into prepared baking pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
To make the filling:
1. While crust is baking, mix eggs, sugar, flour and salt together in bowl.
2. Fold in diced rhubarb.
To assemble and bake:
1. Pour rhubarb mixture over hot crust. Spread to evenly distribute.
2. Return bars to oven. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on rack. Cut into bars.
Yield: 18 bars.
How do I cut this receipe to fit an 8 x 8 pan or an oblong brownie pan
Not sure you would have to cut the recipe at all. You might have to adjust the bake time since the bars will be a little bit thicker.
Hi , i just made the recipe in 9×9 pan ,I bake in for 45 minutes , Delicious…
My oven is not the best so your oven may be 40 minutes, just keep checking until it is set..Good Luck