3 small red beets, peeled and sliced into 6 wedges each
3 small golden beets, peeled
4-5 cups mixed greens
1 blood orange, peel removed and sliced into rounds
2 valencia oranges, peel removed and thinly sliced into rounds
1 ruby red grapefruit, peel removed and thinly sliced into rounds
1 fennel bulb, shaved
2-3 tablespoons pistachios, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon dijon or honey mustard
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil plus more for coating the beets
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Toss the beets in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. Place the beets on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast for about 45 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Let cool.
3. Layer together the mixed greens, beets, orange and grapefruit slices, and shaved fennel.
4. Whisk together the mustard, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over the vegetables.
5. Sprinkle with pistachios and serve.
6 side servings