Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
1 rutabaga (about 6 inches in diameter)
2 – 3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon dried Italian Herb mix
2 teaspoons Kosher salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Peel rutabaga and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
3. Place rutabaga cubes in a large mixing bowl (preferably one with a tight-fitting lid) and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Cover bowl with a plate or lid and shake to coat rutabaga with oil. (You may need a bit more oil.)
5. Sprinkle rutabaga with remaining ingredients and shake again to distribute.
6. Transfer rutabaga to a parchment-lined or non-stick baking sheet.
7. Roast in center of the oven until edges brown and rutabaga is tender – 30 to 40 minutes – stirring about halfway through to minimize sticking.