This recipe comes to us courtesy of the publication “From Asparagus to Zucchini: A Guide to Cooking Farm-Fresh Seasonal Produce”-Third edition. It is published by the Madison Area Community Supported Agriculture Coalition.
1 1/2 – 2 pounds of rutabagas
2 tablespoons butter, softened
3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
salt and pepper
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Peel rutabaga, chop the flesh, and steam over boiling water until tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Mash the hot rutabaga with butter and blue cheese.
4. In small bowl, beat eggs.
5. Add beaten eggs to mashed rutabaga. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Spread in a buttered baking dish and bake until set, about 30 minutes.
7. Serve hot.