Many of us are using sriracha sauce on a more frequent basis. This recipe was found on the “Simply Recipes” web-site. Elise Bauer deserves the credit for this easy and very tasty dish.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
3/4 pound to 1 pound of green beans, tough ends snipped off and discarded
1/3 cup sweet orange marmalade
1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon sriracha
1. Using a 4 quart pot, fill half-way with water. Add 2 teaspoons of salt.
2. Bring water to a boil and add green beans to the boiling water.
3. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the green beans are just tender. Young and fresh green beans will cook quickly.
4. While the beans are cooking, stir the orange marmalade, soy sauce, and sriracha hot sauce together in a small bowl.
5. Taste and adjust proportions to your taste. Add more sriracha to taste if you would like the sauce spicier.
6. When the beans are just cooked to the point of tenderness, remove the pot from heat and strain out the hot water.
7. Plunge the beans into a bowl of icy water to quickly stop the cooking and then place them in a large bowl.
8. Add the marmalade sauce to the cooked green beans and toss to coat.