This recipe is shared by Michele, a food writer and blogger on Flavor Mosaic. She loves using strawberries in recipes that she creates, and this is one of her favorites. She mentions that it’s an excellent recipe to bring to a picnic, potluck, or summer party.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Chop the strawberries and set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, stir together ½ cup white sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
5. In a measuring cup or small bowl, beat the egg with a fork. Add the egg and vanilla to the flour mixture.
6. Using a fork or a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour mixture. (Make sure the butter is very cold.) Work with the dough until the pieces are very small. Dough will be crumbly.
10. Crumble the remaining dough over the strawberry filling layer.
11. Bake in a preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, or until top is slightly golden brown.
12. Cool completely before cutting into squares. Michele recommends refrigerating until ready to serve.