Kacey shared this recipe with us on Pinterest. She writes on her site, the Cookie Writer.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Servings: 2 (This recipe is easily doubled)
1 acorn squash, halved and seeds removed
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 pound (2 apples,) chopped
1/2 cup raisins or craisins
1/8 cup brown sugar (honey or maple syrup could be used as well)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Add the squash to a large baking sheet, cut side down, and add enough water to just cover the bottom of the pan
3. Place into oven and bake for 30-40 minutes (this will depend on the size of your squash. If you can stick a knife
through smoothly you are good to go!)
4. While the squash cooks, add the coconut oil to a saucepan over medium-high heat.
5. Add the apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, pinch of salt, and raisins. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
6. Remove squash from oven. Drain pan and flip squash so the cut side is facing upwards. Sprinkle with some salt.
7. Add in the apple mixture and return to the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until squash is nice and soft.