This recipe is just the thing for a light supper or a Sunday morning brunch.
1 (9 1/2 to 10 inch) unbaked pastry shell
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 cups grated zucchini
8 large mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup whipped cream
3 egg yolks
1 whole egg
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spread bottom of pastry shell with mustard and bake 10 minutes. Cool.
2. Reduce heat to 350 degrees. Place zucchini in colander, sprinkle with salt and drain 5 minutes.
3. While the zucchini is draining, saute mushrooms in butter.
4. Sprinkle 1 cup of grated cheese into the bottom of the pastry shell. Spoon mushrooms on top.
5. Squeeze zucchini to remove the last bit of moisture and put into pastry shell, separating and fluffing with fingers.
6. Beat together cream cheese, cream, egg yolks and whole egg. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Set pastry dish on baking sheet and carefully pour in cream/egg mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
8. Bake 35 minutes, until top is puffed and golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. (Tester baked it 45 minutes.)
9. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.