This is another recipe shared with us courtesy of the Madison Area Community Supported Agriculture Coalition. It is from their publication, “From Asparagus to Zucchini: A Guide to Cooking Farm-Fresh Seasonal Produce,” third edition (MACSAC, 2004).
2-3 teaspoons minced garlic, pressed to a paste
2 teaspoons tarragon mustard
2 tablespoons wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 pounds young zucchini and/or yellow squash, halved lengthwise
1. Heat coals on outdoor grill.
2. Combine garlic, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper: whisk in oil.
3. Brush squash halves with a little of the dressing and grill slowly until barely tender.
4. Place on platter; drizzle on the dressing.
5. Serve warm or at room temperature.