Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
1 large cauliflower, cut up into bite sized pieces
8 bacon strips
6 Tablespoons chives, chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream, fat-free
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cook bacon in oven on a rack over a pan for 20 minutes until crisp.
3. While bacon is cooking, steam cauliflower and mushrooms until tender – about 10 minutes.
4. Remove bacon from oven, and chop into bite size pieces.
5. Turn oven up to 425 degrees F.
6. In a bowl, combine cauliflower, mushrooms, mayo, sour cream, half the chives, half the cheese, and half the bacon. Toss gently until well combined.
7. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
8. Spread cauliflower mixture evenly into pan, and top with remaining cheese, chives, and bacon.
9. Bake at 425 degrees F. until cheese is melted – about 15-20 minutes.