As we mentioned last week, we’ll be featuring kid-friendly recipes in this section. Elizabeth, one of our CSA moms, shared several with us that you can watch for in the coming weeks. Here’s one to start us off:
Mexican Veggie Hot dish
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
One package of frozen cauliflower and sweet potato riced veggies
One yellow onion, diced
One zucchini, diced
One can of black beans
One package of taco seasoning
3-4 ears of corn (grilled a couple minutes on each side) then cut off the cob
1 jalapeño, diced very small
Handful of cilantro
1. Saute one onion with olive oil and after a few minutes throw in the frozen riced veggie medley.
2. Stir that on low for about five minutes. I like to add garlic powder and just a little jalapeño (depending on what your kids can tolerate).
3. Add a can of black beans and a packet of taco seasoning.
4. Stir and keep on low heat.
5. In a separate pan add olive oil with a diced up zucchini and corn and a pinch of salt.
6. Sauté on medium high for about 6-7 minutes and then add to the main pan and mix together.
Top off with cilantro! You can eat it like this or if your kids are like mine they tend to eat anything with cheese. So if you wish put it all in an 8×8 dish and cover with cheese, then bake for about 10-15 minutes!
Mom tip: Everything is better with tortilla chips or tortilla strips! Or throw it in a soft tortilla and roll it up!