This is an excellent and easy side dish to complement your family meal. It could be paired with pork chops, roast beef, or dinner sausage.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
1 pound carrots, peeled and trimmed
1 pound parsnips, peeled and trimmed
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1. Preheat oven to 475° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
2. Cut carrots and parsnips in half lengthwise and then into 2-inch or 3-inch lengths, so all pieces are the same
3. Toss carrots and parsnips with 2 Tablespoons oil, season with salt, and spread in a single layer on prepared
4. Roast until vegetables begin to brown, 20 to 25 minutes, shaking pan 2 or 3 times during cooking time.
5. Mix remaining oil, garlic and thyme. Remove baking sheet from oven; drizzle mixture over vegetables and toss.
6. Roast until vegetables are well-browned, 5 minutes more.