This recipe is adapted from one of Paula Deen’s recipes.
Prep Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Yield: serves 8-10
For the Cake:
3 cups diced apples
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups canola oil
For the Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons milk
1. In a bowl, mix together the apples, walnuts, vanilla, and cinnamon.
2. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. Using an electric mixer beat the sugar, oil, and eggs in a large bowl.
4. Add in the dry ingredients and beat until completely combined. Fold in the apple mixture.
5. Scrape the batter into a lightly greased Bundt pan or tube pan.
6. Bake in a 325 degree F. oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a tester inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean (for dark pans it may be a little shorter).
7. Allow the cake to fully cool in the pan, about 1 hour, and then turn it out onto a plate.
Directions for the glaze:
Add all the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Store covered cake in refrigerator for up to 3 days.