Found on the Taste of Home website, the aroma of this cake baking in your oven will be heavenly!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 40 minutes + cooling time
1/2 cup Butter, softened
2 cups Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
2 large Eggs
2 cups all-purpose Flour
1-1/2 teaspoons ground Cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
6 cups chopped peeled tart Apples
1/2 cup packed Brown sugar
1/4 cup Butter, cubed
1/2 cup heavy Whipping cream
1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
2. Combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well (batter will be stiff). Stir in apples until well combined.
3. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until top is lightly browned and springs back when lightly touched.
4. Cool for 30 minutes before serving.
5. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted. Gradually add cream. Bring to a slow boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
6. Remove from the heat. Serve with cake.
Greetings to each of you, We've arrived at week 16, our final CSA share of the season. Thank you for your loyalty and support...