As a precaution, it’s a good idea to use disposable gloves when handling hot peppers such as jalapenos. Avoid putting your hands near your face or eyes. Wash hands thoroughly after working with the peppers.
6 whole jalapeno peppers
6 ounces cream cheese (the block, not the spreadable)
1 green onion finely minced
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1.5 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
12 slices bacon
1. Cut the stem off each jalapeno and cut in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, scrape out seeds & membranes.
2. In a small bowl combine cream cheese, green onion, garlic powder and cheddar cheese. Divide into 12 equal pieces and stuff into the jalapeno halves.
3. Wrap each jalapeno completely with bacon ensuring the cheese is covered. Secure with toothpicks.
4. Place jalapenos on grill cut side down and grill just until bacon begins to crisp (about 6 minutes). Gently loosen bacon from the grill and flip jalapenos over.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook an additional 10-12 minutes or until bacon is cooked and cheese is melted.