(recipe courtesy of “Asparagus to Zucchini: A Guide to Cooking Farm-Fresh Seasonal Produce” published by the Madison Area Community Supported Agriculture Coalition)
1/2 pound spring onions
1 pound small new potatoes
2/3 pound sugar snap peas
1-3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, dill, or cilantro
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Trim stems from onions; leave a little of root end on.
- Combine with potatoes in pot with water to cover.
- Bring to low boil; cook until nearly tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Add peas; boil until just tender.
- Drain and toss with herbs, butter, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Makes 4-6 servings